Inceptive Extra Field Update for K2 mass-updates an extra field with the default value for all K2 items that needs to be updated.
Imagine you have your site all set up with like 1500 K2 items and you need to add an extra field that should be included in all those 1500 K2 items. The standard procedure so far would be to open each one of them and either save them, letting this extra field to take its default value, or choose your own value and saving your item. If you don’t do that for each one, then in the frontend of your site there will be no value next to the extra field, which is not that pretty.
As you understand this is a little bit annoying. Our plugin adds a button inside every extra field form in your K2 administrator panel that when pressed, Inceptive Extra Field Update for K2 will find the K2 items that need to be updated and will update them using the default value. Now the frontend of your site looks once again FINE!
- Install the plugin following the standard procedure through the Joomla Extension Manager
- The installation of the plugin generates an override for a K2 view, the extrafield, view, which is needed for the plugin to run. When you uninstall the plugin the override will be deleted automatically.
- If in a K2 update the extrafield view is altered, you need to reinstall the plugin in order for the override to be fixed. The same thing applies to the case when you change your administrator template.
- Go to Components -> K2 -> Extra Fields -> Open one of your extra fields or create a new one.
- There you see a button that when pressed will update all your K2 items that need update.
- That’s it!
- This extensions might be incompatible with K2 v2.7.0
- Initial Release, v1.0